Nudes, peaches, olives and taupes
1. Philip Lim – essie Manicurist painted gray on one half of nails and taupe on the other half, creating a multi-hued look
2. Rodart – CND manicurists hand-crafted a cross-hatched pattern on nude nails, a technique that took over 150 hours to create on a total of 30 sets of nails and evoked a cool caged effect
3. Prabal Garung - Using color from Prabal Gurung’s sixth Sally Hansen collection, available in September, manicurist Jin Soon Choi painted models nails olive green, then topped them off with a gold V.
Race-cars and “dripping blood”
Coral, sanguine, and chrome
1. Monika Chiang - Lancôme manicurist Ana-Maria applied a coral red to the base of the nail and finished with a sleek stripe of chrome.
2. Prabal Gurung - Tracylee’s “dripping blood” manicure – The base of the nail was painted putty and detailed with delicate streaks of sanguine red.
Milkmaids and lilies
1. Karen Walker - Caution, not one for beginners! Done incorrectly, nails can easily look flat or yellow. Here, CND manicurist got it exactly right with a “milky way” inspired effect created with two coats of a pure, creamy polish
Nail this trend: CND Colour in Studio White
Dark blues, onyx and metallics
1. Rebecca Minkoff - Manicurist Michelle Saunders, used a simple technique for a stellar effect; she dotted nail beds with tiny pools of each color, starting with the deep navy, then applying teal, powder blue, copper and finally gold. She then gently swirled the colors with a microfine paintbrush and finished with a shiny topcoat.
2. Nicole Miller – CND manicurists painted on an onyx black polish topped with custom created star effect that dazzled from afar.
3. Jason Wu – OPI manicurist painted on a deep, stormy blue-grey polish to complement the moody blues seen in the designer’s collection.
Nail this trend: OPI Nail Lacquer in Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees, CND Colour in Blackjack and try adhesive nail strips in star patterns for a similar look, essie Nail Polish in As Gold As It Gets, Go Overboard, Penny Talk, Blue Rhapsody and Aruba Blue