For those of you who have been following me for a while, you will know how important natural skincare and makeup is to me.
Throughout my vegan journey, I have learnt how vital it is to not only nourish my body from the inside but on the outside as well, and that what I put on my skin should not harm me or have come from harmful origins towards other living beings.
It’s very rare that I find beauty products that tick all these boxes, so when I first found out about Zofori Elixer I was very eager to learn more.
In a nutshell, the things that stood out for me about Zofori Elixer is that:
- They use non-toxic ingredients (no harsh chemicals, mineral oils, parabens, and silicon)
- They do not test on animals
- They do not use animal-derived ingredients
- Their formulas contain no generic fillers or premade bases
- Their formulas are concentrated with active ingredients (active botanicals and plants found in nature)
- They enforce environmentally sustainable business practices by using recyclable packaging for their products and actively supporting carbon footprint reduction
- They ethically source their ingredients to support local communities and culture
At the launch of the Zofori Elixer range, I got to sample the many products on display – body, face and hair care were on show, as well as a luscious smelling bath tea inspired by the mythical “ambrosia” of the gods.
I loved the no-frills approach to the actual products – they were not heavily scented and were free of artificial colours.
What I used on my skin was raw and pure, which was easy to tell from the way it was so quickly absorbed into my skin.
Normally when I use regular creams and lotions it just sits on the surface of my skin and creates an oily film that pretty much rubs off on everything!
Intersection of nature and science
The night also featured a notable speech from the company’s founder, who gave insight into the making of Zofori Elixer, and how their philosophy focused on the intersection of nature and science.
The skincare line’s ingredients are sourced and inspired from the island of Crete, an area known for it’s fertile soil and chemically untouched plants.
Taking a more holistic approach to skincare, Zofori Elixer combined the natural powers of active botanicals in the plants of Crete with the scientific knowledge of experts at the University of Athens to create something gentle yet effective for the skin.
As mentioned on their website: “Each product is a carefully considered blend of high concentrations of naturally derived ingredients up to 98.1% natural in their composition. With hero ingredients like, Artichoke, Carob Seed, Dittany, Milk Thistle, Mountain Tea, Pine Bark, Prickly Pear, Red Grape and Sage. These active plant ingredients are treated with special extraction methods ensuring optimal nutrient levels are retained resulting in products with the highest possible levels of natural active compounds.”
Who this product will suit
- People with sensitive skin, or who are allergic to harsh chemicals, parabens, silicon, mineral oils
- People who are looking for products that do not test on animals and have no animal-derived ingredients
- Gluten-intolerant people – all products are gluten free!
- Adults and children with eczema – you can try the Gentle facial cleanser and Recovery Cream for eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis without the use of steroids. These two products use a safe blend of extracts such as pine bark, cotton thistle, and sea buckthorn, mountain tea to help soothe and comfort hot, dry, irritated, scaly, flaky skin
- People who prefer natural skincare products
- People who prefer a sustainable skincare brand
Images courtesy of the iD Collective
DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post. I was invited to the event and received complementary samples, but I am not being paid to write about the event or products – this was my own decision based on how I favour the products – I only write about brands and products that I personally like. None of the links are commission-based – I do not receive any benefit from you clicking on a link, or buying a product from the site. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Follow me on social media to keep yourself updated: